- Areas of Defense
Criminal Defense for Nassau County
At the Law Office of Stephanie Selloni, we represent clients charged with felony and misdemeanor offenses throughout Long Island. Our office is conveniently located in Garden City, New York. Cases are handled differently here. It is particularly important to hire an attorney experienced in fighting cases at the Nassau County District Court in Hempstead, the County Court in Mineola and the city courts in Long Beach and Glen Cove, New York.
When you call our office about your pending case, we are happy to discuss the particular facts and circumstances of the case with you either over the phone or in the office during a free consultation. Talking with an attorney as early as possible in the process as possible will help ensure that your rights are protected and that you resolve the case under the best possible terms.
Confidently Fighting Your Criminal Charges
At the Law Office of Stephanie Selloni, we fight misdemeanor and felony charges throughout Nassau County. We created this website to give you general information about a variety of very specific charges and defenses that might apply in those cases. Although seeking out general information is an important first step, there is no substitute for meeting with a criminal defense attorney to discuss the particular facts and circumstances of your case.
We represent clients on a variety of criminal charges including:
- DWI and DWAI;
- Drug Charges;
- Marijuana Crimes;
- Property Crimes;
- Violent Crimes;
- Weapon and Firearm Charges;
- Sex Crimes;
- Domestic Violence;
- Juvenile Defense;
- Traffic Tickets;
- Extradition; and
- Violation of Probation.
Resources for Criminal Cases in Nassau County
Nassau County District Attorney's Office - The District Attorney is elected by the residents of Nassau County to represent the State in proceeding against a person accused of committing a crime or violation in the county. The current District Attorney for Nassau County is Kathleen M. Rice, a Democrat, first elected in November of 2005. The Nassau County District Attorney's Office is one of the largest in the country with more than 160 lawyers and a total staff in excess of 300 employees. The main office is in Mineola, N.Y., with additional an additional office in Hempstead, NY.Nassau County District Attorney's Mineola Office
262 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501 Nassau County District Attorney's Hempstead Office
99 Main Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
Courthouses in Nassau County
If you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense in state court in Nassau County, your case will be heard initially in one of several courthouses throughout Nassau County including the Nassau County District Court in Hempstead, or the County Court in Mineola, NY. Certain misdemeanor cases and the arraignments in felony cases are heard in the City Court of Glen Cove and the City Court of Long Beach.
Law Enforcement Agencies in Nassau County
Nassau County Police Department - The NCPD was founded in 1925 by the then-County board of supervisors to serve areas without their own independent police force. With nearly 2.600 officers, it is one of the largest county police agencies in the United States. The NCPD also has an auxiliary police department comprised of volunteers.Nassau County Police Department
1490 Franklin Avenue
Mineola, New York 11501
The NCPD has more than 200 marked patrol vehicles operating across eight (8) precincts in Nassau County. The NCPD has specialized squads including:
- district attorney squad;
- crimes against property;
- major offense;
- investigative services;
- arson/ bomb;
- special investigations; and
- special services.
Glen Cove Police Department: The Glen Cove Police Department is located at:1 Bridge St.
Glen Cove, NY 11542
Phone: (516) 676-1000
Long Beach Police Department
The Long Beach Police Department is located at:One West Chester Street
Long Beach, NY 11561(516) 431-1800
Other Village Police Departments in Nassau County
The following village police departments exist in Nassau County:
- Centre Island Police Department;
- Floral Park Police Department;
- Freeport Police Department;
- Garden City Police Department;
- Great Neck Estates Police Department;
- Hempstead Police Department;
- Kensington Police Department;
- Kings Point Police Department;
- Lake Success Police Department;
- Lynbrook Police Department;
- Malverne Police Department;
- Muttontown Police Department - On June 1, 2011, the Muttontown Police Department commenced operations. The Old Brookville Police formerly provided police services to the Village of Muttontown;
- Old Brookville Police Department (Old Brookville P.D. provides police protection for Old Brookville, Brookville, Upper Brookville, Matinecock, Mill Neck and Cove Neck);
- Old Westbury Police Department;
- Oyster Bay Cove Police Department;
- Rockville Centre Police Department;
- Sands Point Police Department; and
- The Port Washington Police Department is not a village department but is authorized by a special district, the only such district in New York State.
Other law enforcement agencies in Nassau County include:
- Nassau County Sheriff's Office;
- Nassau County's state parkways are patrolled by Troop L of the New York State Police;
- State parks in Nassau County are patrolled by the New York State Park Police;
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Police patrol Long Island Rail Road tracks, stations and properties;
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Police - provide enforcement of state environmental regulations and laws; and
- State University of New York Police - provide law enforcement for the SUNY Old Westbury.